Thank you guys so much. I was not expecting such an outpouring of love. I really don't know why we never get trolls here, and why everyone is just so happy to be here and so supportive of everyone and of me. But it feels really good, every day, and especially yesterday and today.
I woke up yesterday morning knowing that post had auto-posted just feeling so free. A decade of hiding was way too much.
I've had so much love and support IRL, too. When I was in the middle of it, I'd closed off from people. But once I made the decision I decided that if I could trust God I could trust people, and just let myself freefall. What happened then was truly amazing--hands appeared to catch me from all sides, from old friends and new ones. I've never felt as loved--as connected--before in my entire life.
Now some clarifications:
- No evil person is outing us. An impartial publisher released a book yesterday in which my kids' father has written a piece that mentions the divorce. So you can save your righteous ire for the fight to get that PPD act passed.;-)
- It makes sense now why I stopped posting on my personal blog. I had nothing to say that wasn't about the process, but I couldn't say that. Maybe I'll start up again...
- It also makes sense why I suddenly went back to work.
- If you emailed me to ask how I "do it all" or what my daily schedule is, now you know why I didn't answer.
- Remember my gluten intolerance from fall '06? It went away completely as soon as I told him. (I know!) So I've secretly (from you--the people who know me IRL knew about it) been scarfing down banh mi and chocolate croissants for 17 months now. (In a strange twist, however, I've been off gluten since Sunday, just to see if it's making me bloat slightly. Thank goodness for the gluten free goodness of Kozy Shack rice pudding.)
And now some sad news: Hedra didn't get the job. (She said I could tell you.) I predict that the company that didn't hire her will go bankrupt within 18 months.
Thank you so much for being out there. Your stories help so much.